Position: Staff Geophysicist
Willowstick Technologies is looking to hire a staff geophysicist to help map, model, and predict groundwater flow paths and patterns.
Groundwater is one of the most precious resources on the planet and yet it is one of the most difficult to find, map or characterize. Willowstick Technologies is in the business of helping clients identify and better understand their groundwater related issues. We show our clients how and where groundwater is preferentially flowing.
We are an exciting company with innovative technology and a proven track record in a market that is desperate for solutions. We have been in business for over 10 years and work with some of the largest and most sophisticated companies in the world. While the majority of our customers are outside the United States we have a solid and rapidly growing domestic customer base. Our customers span a variety of industries including power generation, oil and gas, environmental restoration, mining, and government agencies. Our customers are happy and continue to use our technology. Nearly 80% of our clients are repeat customers.
We are looking for individuals with the following qualifications.
- U.S. Citizen or Resident.
- Masters or doctorate degree in geophysics or geoscience.
- An interest in groundwater mapping and modeling.
- Experience with various electrical geophysical exploratory methodologies.
- Experience with inversion programming and modeling.
- Good computer skills and experience with:
- Matlab programming
- ArcMap or other GIS software is not necessary but a plus
- COMSOL experience is a plus
- Big data aggregation experience using a variety of tools and techniques to analyze patterns and model expected results.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.