Position: Business Development Manager
Groundwater is one of the most precious resources on the planet and yet it is one of the most difficult to find, map or characterize. Willowstick Technologies is in the business of helping clients identify and better understand their groundwater related issues. We show our clients how and where groundwater is preferentially flowing.
Willowstick Technologies is an up and coming company with an innovative technology and a proven track record. We have been in business for nearly 10 years and continue to work with some of the largest and most sophisticated companies in the world. We have clients in industries including mining, environmental, oil, gas, power generation and regulatory agencies. Nearly 80% of our clients are repeat customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and manage pipeline including identifying and cold calling new prospects
- Maintain and keep updated sales pipeline including weekly activity reports
- Identify potential client needs, budget, urgency and fit with Willowstick
- Write and deliver proposals
- Manage client needs on a timely basis before, during and after project
- Attend tradeshows, conferences and seminars.
- Develop and manage partners
- Experience with building own pipeline from scratch as well as managing existing clients
- Experience with environmental characterization and remediation solutions.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- 50% travel including some international
- Experience selling to large engineering consulting firms
- Strong communications and presentation skills, comfortable presenting to groups of 50+ people
- Technical sales background (Hydrogeology, geophysics, physics) is a plus
- Consulting background a plus
- 4 year college degree
Minimum Relevant Work Experience
- 8-10 years business to business outside sales experience
- Proven sales track record