The Generation Technical Conference is recognized as one of our most effective mechanisms for knowledge transfer and for building and strengthening working networks across a wide and diverse audience from the plants, E&CS, and other groups. Based on feedback and success of previous Technical Conferences, we will be returning to the BJCC / Sheraton in Birmingham for the 2017 conference during August 22-24.
Dam Safety 2017
Registration for Dam Safety 2017, September 10-14, at the J.W. Marriott San Antonio Hill Country is now open! Dam Safety 2017 is the leading conference in the United States dedicated to dam and levee safety engineering and technology transfer and will once again bring together nearly 1,000 individuals dedicated to advancing the dam and levee safety community. Join us for three full days of educational programming, networking, specialty workshops, amazing field trips, an exhibit hall with over 100 exhibitors and sponsors, and so much more.
The Contamination Expo Series is Europe’s largest event designed to showcase the latest innovations that further the protection of the environment and management of contaminated land, water, and air. It takes place on the 27th & 28th of September at ExCeL London and tickets are FREE from the Contamination Expo Series website.
The show features over 150 innovative environmental suppliers, 120 CPD-accredited seminars, interactive masterclasses, one-to-one advice from industry experts, unparalleled networking opportunities, and much more.
Guests can filter between areas dedicated to hazardous materials, land remediation, spill response, clean air technology, geotechnical solutions, nuclear decommissioning, and more, as well as the Flood Expo and M&CCE Expo next door.
To book your FREE ticket and take advantage of everything the Contamination Expo Series has to offer, register on the Contamination Expo Series website.
This stunning city, in the autonomous community of Andalusia, southern Spain, will provide an ideal setting for the international conference and exhibition.The Spanish authorities and industry welcome the international hydropower community, and will share, over three days, their wealth of experience of multipurpose dams, hydropower and pumped-storage development.
Delegates will engage in discussions on all topical issues relating to hydropower worldwide, with emphasis on accelerating projects in the less developed countries, and maximizing the benefit of existing hydro assets worldwide.
CDA Conference & Exhibition
Dams of All Sizes: State of Practice and Evolving Regulations
For the first time ever, the Canadian Dam Association is heading to Kelowna!
Urban and rural; nature and culture; playtime and downtime: Kelowna isn’t just one destination. It’s a whole bunch of them, located in one uniquely beautiful place.
Mark your calendar now and plan to attend.
October 14-15: Pre-Conference weekend workshops
October 16-18: technical conference and great social activities in the Okanagan Valley
October 18-19: technical tours - large hydro dams, tailings dams, and small dams
Accommodations and conference venue: Delta Grand Okanagan Resort, on the shores of Lake Okanagan
ANCOLD 2017 "80th Anniversary"
Welcome from the Convenor
On behalf of the Australian National Committee on Large Dams (ANCOLD) Executive and the 2017 Conference Organising Committee it is my pleasure to invite you to the 2017 ANCOLD Conference in Hobart, Tasmania.
The conference will be held at Wrest Point Tasmania situated on the waterfront of the picturesque River Derwent just minutes from the Hobart City Centre.
With the theme of “Great Expectations for New and Existing Dams, Ageing Dams, New Ideas” the conference will be an ideal forum capturing the challenges of the increasing expectations of dam owners, the community, and the environment. It is these expectations that continue to drive new ideas and innovation in the dam’s industry.
The conference is an important meeting place for professionals working in the dam industry and will be a great place to explore challenges faced with managing older dams and their legacy, building new dams, innovation in dam operation and maintenance, risk assessment and emergency preparedness.
It is an opportunity to engage with speakers from across Australia, meet up with colleagues, network and visit the exhibitor displays.
We welcome and value the ongoing support from past sponsors of the ANCOLD conferences and encourage new sponsors to take up the opportunities and brand exposure that this conference can offer.
We look forward to seeing you all in Hobart in October, for what promises to be a memorable event.
2017 Conference Convenor
Join us as AWWA hosts the 2017 Water Infrastructure Conference & Exposition, an event focused on solutions to utility infrastructure challenges. With five workshops, five session tracks, and an exposition this four-day conference will address essential asset management planning and programs, the latest on lead service lines issues, water loss, reinvestment strategies and critical infrastructure protection.
ASCE Pipelines Conference
Make your plans to join us in sunny Arizona for Pipelines 2017 to learn about pipeline “Reliability and Resiliency through Sustainable Design and Construction”... We expect close to 1,000 attendees this year including many international guests as we have developed a strong technical program with over 160 peer-reviewed papers and panel discussions spread over 7 tracks, plus 6 focused pre-conference workshops. This year, we will have the largest number of exhibitors ever, showcasing the best technological solutions.
TOP REASONS TO ATTEND
- Premier industry event for practitioners covering the most current state-of-the-art engineering technologies for pipeline and utilities infrastructure.
- Network with your peers, earn up to 26 PDHs, and expand your knowledge base to enhance the success of your projects.
- Thought provoking interdisciplinary education, inspiring and enlightening keynote speakers, tours, short courses and networking opportunities with potential clients and project team leads.
- One hundred top products and services in pipelines technologies participating in exhibition.
- Explore the beautiful Phoenix/Scottsdale areas with world-class museums, renowned botanical garden in the nation’s largest wilderness preserve, an award-winning zoo, railroad museum, 1880s Western town, and Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin West.
Unconventional Resources Technology Conference
- Targeted, qualified, multi-disciplinary group of prospects connecting on all things unconventional
- The industry's premier, peer-reviewed, multi-disciplinary event for unconventional resources development attracting the brightest minds and thought leaders under one roof
- Unprecedented reach from the combined resources of 11 of the world’s leading geoscience and engineering professional societies representing the complete spectrum of unconventional play development
- High visibility, integrated, cross-discipline platform to showcase products and services to the largest, qualified and most significant network of buyers and developers of new technologies, products and services
- Four years of quantified success
- An investment into our shared industry’s prosperity via this unique event designed, planned and developed by industry experts
- First hand access to the knowledge gained from the industry research, innovations and solutions exchanged in this one-of-a-kind learning pipeline that cuts across the complete spectrum of resource play development
85th Annual Meeting in Prague, Czech Repblic, 3-7 July, 2017
The region of Czech Republic has a very long history in dam development. Since the Middle Age, dams were built to ensure water supply and power. Some of the historical reservoirs are still operated today and have become natural reserves.
The participants of the 85th Annual Meeting in Prague will have the chance to discuss in the Symposium on July 5 the topic of “Knowledge based Dam Engineering”. Furthermore, current issues will be addressed in several special workshops including the workshops of the ICOLD technical committees. The outcomes of the symposium and the workshops will without doubt contribute to the governing long-term mission of ICOLD which is “Better dams for a better world”.
13th International Mine Water Association Congress – “Mine Water & Circular Economy – A Green Congress”
Mining and reliable mine water management are of outstanding importance for the Finnish and worldwide mining industry. IMWA 2017’s Congress theme will be “Mine Water & Circular Economy” which will be presented in 243 oral and poster presentations. Circular economy means, “closing the loop” of product life-cycles by improving recycling and re-use. In case of mine water, this means that mining wastes and mine water are used to extract valuable materials, such as metals, fertilizers or adsorbents for waste water purification. We are expecting high caliber presentations about this subject, but every mine water related theme will be covered during IMWA’s 13thcongress.